BoxHero has two user modes:
Basic Mode and
The Basic Mode is the standard mode designed to easily sort the inventory by products.
The Multi Mode allows the user to sort products with different attributes separately to take away the hassle of registering the item numerous times. For example, users can sort a single product, 'Milk', by its sub-item category such as expiry date or by the quantity stored in different warehouses.
Product generally refers to the product master.
Create product items by barcode and input names, photos, and other extra info about the product.
If the product already has a barcode, you can use that to register the product on BoxHero or have BoxHero generate one if it does not have one.
- Barcode (number or letter): Every product must have a unique barcode to efficiently manage the inventory. If the product does not have a barcode, BoxHero can generate one.
- Product Category: Add any additional info about the product such as brand or manufacturer.
Sub-item refers to the grouping of a
product by its attributes, and is the basic unit of measure in Multi Mode.
You can group the same product line such categories as expiry date or storage location even though the product has only one barcode.
- Item ID: A unique item ID is created by sub-item.
- Sub-item Category: Add any additional categories about the product such as warehouse location, expiry date, condition of the product (A Grade, B Grade), etc.
sub-item is automatically created when a new
product is registered.
Search for or view products grouped by their
For example, a footwear business can view products grouped by brand or type of shoe.
You can also view inventory stock by brand and easily identify which types of shoes are low on stock.
You can change product category settings by clicking on
Settings > Category.
A similar concept as
Product Category, that refers to the specific attributes of a sub-item.
For example, if a certain product stock location is divided by retail store and warehouse, the location can be added as a
Each product item can be organized by the sub-item category of 'store' and 'warehouse' to easily view total inventory balance, inventory by product, and inventory by location.
You can change sub-item category settings by clicking on
Settings > Category.
In BoxHero, you can manage your inventory quantity by
Stock In/Out or
Stock In to stock your product inventory,
Stock Out for order fulfillment, and
Audit to adjust the product inventory due to loss or stock audits.
- Stock In: Used when stocking in product inventory.
- Stock Out: Used for stocking out/fulfillment.
- Audit: Used to adjust the product inventory quantity for reasons other than stocking in/out, such as stock audits.
When inputting the initial inventory quantity, the inventory transaction is saved as