If you are using BoxHero as a team and would like to open only certain features or categories to your team members, start creating your member role from
Settings > Member.
If a member attempts to make an action that they are prohibited from, a notification will pop up to guide that they do not have access to such action and a category prohibited to view will not be displayed on that member's page.
Editing member role will also be supported on mobile app soon.
From the 'Settings > Member Settings', please click
Manage Role in the upper-right corner to start.
You can check out the custom roles with the members assigned for each role on this page. To make a custom role, please press the green
1. Feature Access You can select features to allow for the role
- Manage product: Registering, editing, deleting product
- Manage category: Adding, editing, deleting category
- Manage partner: Adding, editing, deleting partner
- Stock in: Making stock in (or clicking 'Stock in' button from the draft)
- Stock out: Making stock out (or clicking 'Stock out' button from the draft)
- Stock audit: Making stock audit
- Stock move: Making stock move
- Manage stock in draft: Drafting, saving, editing, deleting drafts
- Manage stock out draft: Drafting, saving, editing, deleting drafts
Reminder: Editing the transaction for stock in, stock out, or audit can only be done by the admin on BoxHero web. For more, please check out the link below. https://docs-en.boxhero.io/docs/en-tx-edit
2. Product Category Access: Select categories to allow member(s) to view
3. Sub-item Category Access(Multi Mode): Select sub-item categories to allow member(s) to view
Reminder: Because categories for product and sub-item are opened to all members when first created, please be aware when you have added a category that must be prohibited from being seen by other members.
After checking if features and categories are properly added, please press
Submit to register to the 'Roles' list.
The admin has full access to all features, categories and can also assign members to each role. Although you can assign several members as an admin, it is recommended to assign only the actual admin of your business.
Please go to
Settings > Member and click the box under the 'Role'. From the Custom Role list, please choose one and press 'OK' to finish.
For example, if you have a 'Retail Team' and would like to allow only stock in/out related features and disclose only the retail price, but not the wholesale price from the product category, you can make a custom role like below.
If you have a temporarily working team that's not fully skilled with inventory management, you can prohibit them from deleting, editing product information like below.
If an inventory audit is a sensitive matter to your business and would like to prohibit the team from auditing, you can also make a custom role like below.